fibocom: Minimum PDP context ID

Sven Schwermer sven at svenschwermer.de
Mon Mar 28 18:23:16 UTC 2022

Hi again,

On 3/8/22 21:25, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
>> Speaking of the default EPS bearer, should ModemManager be aware of that
>> bearer somehow, i.e. list it as an active bearer object etc?
>>

> Yes, we could do that, definitely. There is no chance of getting the
> profile id wrong in Intel-based modems I think, if they support CID 0,
> that should be the one used for the initial EPS bearer.

I have a follow-up question about the initial EPS bearer for the Fibocom
MA510 modem. That modem appears to use CID=1, i.e. a regular PDP context
for the initial EPS bearer. When configuring an incorrect APN for CID=1,
the modem will not register successfully. Clearing the settings for
CID=1 (`+CGDCONT=1`) or configuring the correct settings fixes this.

I guess the cleanest way to make ModemManager handle this correctly,
would be to implement `create_initial_eps_bearer`. However, is the
default profile manager aware of the initial EPS bearer and will not try
to re-use its CID (in this case CID=1)?

Somewhat related: What are the differences between
`load_initial_eps_bearer` and `load_initial_eps_bearer_settings`?

Is there a standard AT command to read out the SIM's default APN?

Best regards,
Sven