openwrt netifd integration improvements with new dispatcher scripts

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Mar 30 08:13:49 UTC 2022

Hey!

> The test failed at first attempt, though.  But I assume that was only
> because I didn't install the connection dispatcher script executable?
> It has worked every time after I did

Nice! Thanks for testing.

>  chmod 755 /usr/lib/ModemManager/connection.d/10-report-down

Yes, that's it. The scripts must be owned and executable only by root.

> > Comments and tests welcome!
>
> Us lazy people would love to see proper packaging of those modern meson
> based libqmi/libmbim packages. The threshold for testing MM is a lot
> higher when I have to update packaging of both those libraries first.
>
> (oops, and there I admitted that I did yesterdays testing by backporting
> instead of updating to latest and greates.  Yes, I'm lazy)

Yes yes, since yesterday morning we have all libqrtr-glib, libmbim and
libqmi already built using meson in openwrt-packages, so updating them
manually to point to git main is just about changing the
PKG_SOURCE_VERSION to point to the git main commit that you want, and
PKG_VERSION to the current version (as per meson.build) in the git
main branch.

ModemManager is also on its way: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/18167

My plan is to get this change into 1.18.8 and get it released in
openwrt along with the dispatch script.