ModemManager IPv4v6 version 1.12.2

Aleksander Morgado aleksandermj at chromium.org
Mon Nov 7 14:45:10 UTC 2022

Hey,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 11:47 AM Robin <Robin at drrobin.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a problem with ModemManager, but only when trying to get an IPv4 address when the network only supports IPv6 (Dual Stack, using IPv4v6).
>
> I have two different systems:
>
> - one running OpenWRT v19 and ModemManager v1.12.2
> - the second system running OpenWRT v21 and ModemManager v1.16.2
>
> If I set both systems up the same (EE SIM, ipv4v6) then
> - the v19/v1.12.2 system will only obtain an IPv6 address.  (IPv6 works correctly, but not IPv4)
> - the v21/v1.16.2 system will obtain both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. (Both work correctly).
>
> If I put a SIM in the v19/v1.12.2 system that only supports IPv4 it gets an IPv4 address and works correctly.
>
> It seems that the Dual Stack IPv4 and IPv6 is not working on the older release of ModemManager (v1.12.2).  Is there a difference between the two versions with regard to Dual Stack and is there something we need to include in v1.12.2 to make Dual Stack work and give us an IPv4 address as well as an IPv6 address?

I don't have any clear commit ids you could cherry-pick. The only
suggestion I can give at this point is to please forget about 1.12.2.
It's not even the last stable update in 1.12.x series. A lot of things
have been fixed since then :/

Same for 1.16.2 actually, multiple updates in the 1.16 branch happened
with lots of different fixes. And we've had 2 additional major stable
releases since then: 1.18 (along with multiple updates in that series)
and 1.20.0 just last week.