Why do we need to set the APN manually for certain providers?

Scott Lemon slemon at twilio.com
Mon Nov 7 15:26:36 UTC 2022

Hello,

I hadn't realized that you had this list:

>> There is also an open source database we maintain in

>> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mobile-broadband-provider-info but
>> which also has the same problems, it lacks a lot of latest updates
>> even from major carriers.

It appears that you are matching on the MCC and MNC?  Are you using this
from the prefix of the IMSI?

If so, what do you do to match for MVNOs that share IMSIs from the same
IMSI Sponsors?

With Android they also support a richer matching algorithm that includes
things like the MVNO Type and Value
that can then be read from the SIM to differentiate - for example the
Service Provider Name (SPI).

Do you support anything like this in this file format?

--
Scott C. Lemon
Principal IoT Solutions Engineer

<https://www.Twilio.com>