SIMCOM SIM7070G UART Support

Jorge Solla jorgesolla at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 18:55:35 UTC 2022

On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 8:16 PM Alexey Orishko <alexey.orishko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 5:33 PM Jorge Solla <jorgesolla at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using the typical ppp + chat script I managed to connect and get an IP
> on the ppp0 interface, is just I would like to do it using ModemManager.
> For simple setups it might be enough to use pppd+chat scripts. You
> could configure cat-m by using chat script.

Yes, this is how I have it working now, just wanted to use it with
ModemManager.

> > Different problem I forgot to mention in my initial post is: The modem
> requires to set a GPIO pin ON / OFF for a few seconds to be enabled: Is MM
> providing any kind of hook to insert calls to user utilities before the
> attempting the connection?
> If you mean using your application CPU's GPIO (say to trigger power to
> modem), you can use gpioset command from libgpiod in Linux.
>
> Yes, also I'm using libgpio, but my plan was to start the connection from
networkmanager and somehow automate the whole sequence using ModemManager.

In short: Manually, I can use the modem: using gpio + ppp + chat.

I'm asking to understand if it is possible to integrate with ModeManager at
least the part of PPPd + Chat