Determine modem uptime

Daniel Carpenter dc at ammonit.com
Wed Oct 5 16:52:41 UTC 2022

Hello all,

Is there a libmm-glib/ DBus/ command-line API to find out how long a modem has been powered on for? Or any other way I might find that information on a debian system?

I ask because I'm working on the Ammonit Meteo-40 data logger which uses a hardware switch to power cycle the modem regularly. Sometimes it's not configured correctly, so the modem remains powered all the time, which can lead to reliability issues. I'd like to be able to identify that case remotely.

Kind regards,

Dan Carpenter