Modem interface initialization

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:27:42 UTC 2022

Hi Aleksander,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 2:14 PM Aleksander Morgado
<aleksandermj at chromium.org> wrote:
> In general, what I always suggest is that if you're changing settings
> in the modem that may affect how ModemManager manages the device, then
> you should change those settings only if ModemManager is not using the
> device.

Let me clarify my question. It is related to an embedded device where
human interaction
is not expected. If required parameter was set earlier, modem reboot
shall be avoided to reduce
connection setup time (or downtime) and network signalling overhead.
As I understand, your suggestion above related to any external change
to the modem config.
because doing the change in inside a plugin would keep device in use.
So, the question: is there a way to run something like "at+cfun=1,1"
from some place like
mm-broadband-modem-vendor.c without crashing MM?

> A different approach would be to have the modem configuration change
> done on boot and synchronize it so that MM doesn't start until the
> configuration changes have been made.
Well, this is a safest bet and a current option.

Regards,
Alexey