Get modem SIM properties for mmcli

Filip Kubicz filip.kubicz at tier.app
Mon Apr 24 10:58:37 UTC 2023

Hi Brendan,

There are a few approaches but a convenient method to retrieve values from
mmcli is to use -J flag to get the JSON output.

For example, to get modem IMEI, you can do (in bash):
        modem="$(mmcli --list-modems -J | jq '."modem-list"[0]' -r)"
        imei="$(mmcli -m ${modem} -J | jq '.modem."3gpp".imei' -r)"
        echo ${imei}

You should be able to do the same with SIM card information, which you can
obtain by running
        mmcli -i 0 -J
and then parsing it with jq tool to obtain exactly the value you need. Note
that the SIM may be available under different number/path, which you can
get from mmcli -m <modem number> and parsing "primary sim path"

Kind regards,
Filip