Why does the command mmcli 3gpp-scan not return object for scan-networks array

Florian Eckert fe at dev.tdt.de
Tue Jan 31 14:26:31 UTC 2023

I am currently evaluating the modemmanager in my Openwrt system.
If I now enter the following command `mmcli -m 0 -J --3gpp-scan
--timeout=300` to show the network providers in my environment,
I get the following json string:
```
{
     "modem":{
         "3gpp":{
             "scan-networks":[
                 "operator-code: 26201, operator-name: TDG,
access-technologies: lte, availability: forbidden","operator-code:
26203, operator-name: o2 - de, access-technologies: lte, availability:
forbidden","operator-code: 26202, operator-name: vodafone.de,
access-technologies: lte, availability: current"
             ]
         }
     }
}
```

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I would expect that several objects
appear under the `scan-networks` array, and not a string.
So I would expect that the output should look like this?

```
{
     "modem":{
         "3gpp":{
             "scan-networks":[
                 {
                     "operator-code": "26201",
                     "operator-name: "TDG",
                     "access-technologies": "lte",
                     "availability": "forbidden"
                 },
                 {
                     "operator-code": "26203",
                     "operator-name": "o2 - de",
                     "access-technologies": "lte",
                     "availability": "forbidden"
                 },
                 {
                     "operator-code": "26202",
                     "operator-name": "vodafone.de",
                     "access-technologies": "lte",
                     "availability": "current"
                 }
             ]
         }
     }
}
```

I am using the latest openwrt modemmanger from the master Branch 1.20.2
[1].

Is this a bug?

Kind regards

Florian