Add script handling on modem detection

Florian Eckert fe at dev.tdt.de
Wed Jul 12 08:49:31 UTC 2023

Hello Enrico,

> I have a question regarding this - is MM actually the correct place to
> implement differenty dispatcher script calls?
> Wouldn't it be better to build an external application monitoring
> different aspects and invoking scripts with the relevant informations?

 From my point of view, that would make sense. There are many other
events,
such as signal strength changes or location information updates that
could
not be handled easily with out NetworkManager.

Since I work on OpenWrt, I don't have a NetworkManager like I have on
other
Linux systems. In my opinion, it makes sense to build an event handler
that
reacts to dbus events from the ModemManager and then calls dispatcher
scripts.
How this works exactly would have to be discussed.

Best regards

Florian