Quactel RM520N firmware preferences

Aleksander Morgado aleksandermj at chromium.org
Mon Jun 5 09:25:13 UTC 2023

Hey Pradeep,

> We are using Quactel RM520N in openwrt using ModemManager(1.16) ,
> is there any way to select or list firmware on the module using mmcli .
> For eg: In EM74xx we can use IMPREF to select image for carrier like AT&T ,
> Verizon etc.

I believe there is no way to do this in Quectel modules, although I
may be mistaken. The support in ModemManager to list and select stored
images using QMI uses generic Qualcomm operations introduced back with
Gobi 3K modules, but I haven't seen any other manufacturer actively
allowing to switch full firmware images via these commands, apart from
Sierra. Maybe ask Quectel directly, and report back what you find!