ModemManager and Quectel RM520N-GL

Patrick Kosiol patrick.kosiol at gmx.de
Thu Mar 2 19:21:49 UTC 2023

Hi,

It appears my ModemManager cannot initialize the Quectel RM520N-GL modem with the messages
<dbg> [000001775.270989] [modem0] couldn't start parent initialization: Couldn't open ports during modem initialization: Couldn't get primary port
<wrn> [000001775.275716] [modem0] modem couldn't be initialized: Failed to load current capabilities: Couldn't peek client for service ‘nas'

Perhaps someone has an idea what the reason might be? That would help me very much.

I have attached the full ModemManager log as well as the usb device list and the list of installed packages.

With regards,
Patrick