IP (v4/v6) connectivity setup in LTE modems

Aleksander Morgado aleksandermj at chromium.org
Fri Oct 13 21:29:59 UTC 2023

Hey all,

I wrote a doc explaining how IPv4/IPv6 connectivity in LTE networks is
setup (a very basic case scenario), including different possible
interactions between host, modem and network, and focusing on how all
these are exposed by ModemManager.

It has been very useful for me to understand different IPv6 SLAAC
scenarios that we have seen with different modem types, so I'm sure it
will also be useful for others. Please take a look and report errors
if any!

https://modemmanager.org/docs/modemmanager/ip-connectivity-setup-in-lte-modems/