T-Mobile Contributions

matthew stanger stangerm2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 20:42:49 UTC 2023

Greetings MM,

I'm excited to announce that T-Mobile US is now using
ModemManager/libMBIM/libQMI
for our 5G Fixed Wireless products [https://www.t-mobile.com/home-internet].
We
are currently the largest FWA ISP in the world with well over 3 Million
subscribers, i.e., lots of ModemManager users! We did this via an
architectural
contribution in partnership with the RDK community, a popular STB/Router
Linux
distro running on over 100 Million devices.

MM is now supported in RDK via a FOSS MM connection manager, CellularManager
[
https://code.rdkcentral.com/r/plugins/gitiles/collaboration/rdkb/components/
opensource/ccsp/RdkCellularManager-MM/+/refs/heads/main]
(need to signup for a free login), and is being worked on by dozens of
major OEMs
& ISPs. If anyone wants to provide feedback or reviews, please let me know.

We're working hard to realize the full potential of this community by
providing
quality merge requests, via our partners & RDK, and guiding modem makers
towards
standards like QMI/MBIM. Please keep an eye out for us and our partners on
the
ML & Gitlab!

Cheers,
Matthew