Is it possible to use mmcli with ublox L201 in Debian9

Aleksander Morgado aleksandermj at chromium.org
Tue Feb 13 11:47:19 UTC 2024

Hey

> I have some old devices that I cannot do OS upgrades, and they're running Debian9, mmcli 1.6.4. Is it possible to do some sort of manual upgrade so that it can work with ublox L201?

Yes, it should be possible to use a much newer ModemManager than 1.6.4
in that old box, likely supporting the u-blox TOBY-L2 modems as well.
Look at https://modemmanager.org/docs/modemmanager/dependencies/ and
check the minimum dependency versions that MM has, and see which is
the max MM version you can build with your available glib2/libgudev
versions in Debian 9.