ModemManager Issue with multiple WWAN Sierrawireless Ubuntu 22.04

Aleksander Morgado aleksandermj at chromium.org
Fri Mar 8 09:36:08 UTC 2024

Hey Ankur,

> I want to report an issue with the modem manager in Ubuntu 22.04. Even though the modem firmware is updated, the modem manager service causes frequent disconnection issues. However, when I disable the modem manager service and use qmicli and minicoM methods, the modem works fine without any disconnections. I tried contacting the modem using Sierra MC7304 & MC7430, but it did not solve the problem. The modem manager provides all the necessary details, but it keeps resetting frequently when I use the internet or live streaming applications.
>  I would appreciate your support in resolving this issue.
>  Please let me know if you require any additional information or logs.

I'm afraid there is not much we can do, if the issue is the modem
crashing. You said that using qmicli or AT commands makes it more
stable, so it could really be related to some of the setup MM does,
but even in that case, only the manufacturer will be able to analyze
the modem crashes. The best path forward you have would be to contact
Sierra support so that they guide you in how to retrieve modem traces
they can analyze :/

The MC7304 is one of the modems that I test on every MM release, and I
haven't noticed any strange myself, but of course my network
conditions are not the same as yours.