[Networkmanager] Implementing a NetworkManager VPN Plugin in Rust

amidamaru rookie ardtimeit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:12:01 UTC 2023

Hi team,

Currently I'm implementing a Rosenpass <https://rosenpass.eu/> NM Plugin in
Rust.
I cannot find much information about this except the VPN support page
<https://networkmanager.dev/docs/vpn/> - but most of the projects there
were written in C.
The only reference I can find is this repository
<https://github.com/manuels/wg-p2p-nm-plugin>.
But after all these years, the NetworkManager codebase won't have this
shared <https://github.com/manuels/wg-p2p-nm-plugin/tree/master/src/shared>
directory anymore.
So now, my question is where can I collect these files from the current NM
codebase? Also,
Besides the GUI (editor dialog) part, I want to integrate Rosenpass into
nmcli also.
For example, after integration, I can do something like this:
nmcli con import type rosenpass file /data/rp.conf

Could you please give some advice on this?

Thank you,
--
Đinh Thảo_PTIT's student - *ardtimeit at gmail.com <ardtimeit at gmail.com>*