[Networkmanager] Multiple connections for the same device

Fabio Porcedda fabio.porcedda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 06:19:34 UTC 2023

Il giorno mar 11 lug 2023 alle ore 00:49 Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 6:51 AM Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Il giorno sab 8 lug 2023 alle ore 10:59 Frédéric Martinsons <
>> frederic.martinsons at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>>> s/limbmm/libmm

>> I think the same, so in order to have it I would like to change the
>> source code, I appreciate any suggestion about the parts to change.
>> I'm searching for the code where the old connection is disconnected when
>> a new one is made for the same device.
>>

>>> Le sam. 8 juil. 2023, 10:31, Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda at gmail.com>

> Good luck - the "modems" do not have the capability to connect to more
> than a single APN simultaneously with a multi-APN device (shich I know of
> none).

Modems do have this kind of capability, for example It's possible using
ModemManager with a modem that support MBIM or QMI, e.g.:

mmcli -m <modem_id> --create-bearer="apn=<apn1>,multiplex=required"
mmcli -m <modem_id> --create-bearer="apn=<apn2>,multiplex=required"

mmcli -m <modem_id> -b <bearer1_id> --connect
mmcli -m <modem_id> -b <bearer1_id>
ip addr add <bearer1_adddres>/<bearer1_prefix> dev <bearer1_interface>
ip link set <bearer1_interface> up
ip route add <bearer1_network>/<prefix> dev <bearer1_interface>

mmcli -m <modem_id> -b <bearer2_id> --connect
mmcli -m <modem_id> -b <bearer2_id>
ip addr add <bearer2_adddres>/<prefix> dev <bearer2_interface>
ip link set <bearer2_interface> up
ip route add <bearer2_network>/<prefix> dev <bearer2_interface>

Regards
--
Fabio Porcedda