[Networkmanager] Multiple connections for the same device

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Jul 11 12:34:39 UTC 2023

Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> writes:

> Good luck - the "modems" do not have the capability to connect to more than
> a single APN simultaneously with a multi-APN device (shich I know of none).

Most (all?) 4G and 5G modems support this.  And probably a few 3G modems
too.  At least the ones that got MIBM firmwares.

Yes, and count me in for this NM feature request.  Preferably with the
ability to place different bearers (netdevs) in different network
namespaces.  I often do that for testing puprposes.  It's very useful to
put a few lab APNs into their own namespaces and still being able to
depend the same modem for Internet connectivity.

Bjørn