[Networkmanager] Can public/trusted network setting return to UI?

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Wed Jun 21 17:20:25 UTC 2023

On 21. 06. 23 16:42, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> On 21.06.2023 17:19, Petr Menšík wrote:
>> The problem with that approach is I would like to configure also other
>> services based on that. Not only ports open to receive requests from
>> outside, but also permission to join the interface with mdns service and
>> send queries over it.
>>
>> Is it possible to receive this information to dispatcher script, which
>> might customize settings based on its value? Can I adjust services,
>> stopping them instead of just blocking access to them?
>>
>> I would like to set default values for few values, like:
>>
>> public:
>>
>> connection.lldp:                        no
>> connection.mdns:                        no
>> connection.llmnr:                       no
>> connection.dns-over-tls:                yes
>> ipv4.dhcp-send-hostname      no
>>

> See "man NetworkManager.conf" for description how to set default
> values. ipv4.dhcp-send-hostname is not listed as supported though, I
> do not know if it is just missing documentation.
The problem is I do not want general default values. I want to choose
one of two "profiles", from which to set those values. Either one for
public or trusted networks. Without having to set multiple values for
each SSID i set public or trusted network. I would like to prepare
multiple different presets, not just one set of default values.

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer, RHEL