[Networkmanager] Feature request. Ignore Route option in received IPv6 Router Advertisement.

Thomas Haller thaller at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 07:17:37 UTC 2023

On Fri, 2023-03-03 at 11:51 +0800, Cowbay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a post in reddit r/openSUSE:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/openSUSE/comments/11g4y7t/how_to_make_networkmanager_to_ignore_additional/
>
> I found that there seems no solution for the NetworkManager.
>
> Is it possible to add the feature to ignore all or specific Route
> options in the IPv6 RA ?

Hi,

I agree, it sounds like a sensible feature to me.

Things get done by somebody contributing. A good first step would be
just to report an issue at [1]. However, I cannot guarantee whether
that prompts a contributor to send a patch. We may hope...

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/issues

Thomas