[Networkmanager] Does /etc/resolv.conf need to link to /var/run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf?

Tom Isaacson tom.isaacson at teknique.com
Thu Mar 30 01:48:22 UTC 2023

I'm trying to setup a Yocto build using NetworkManager v1.22.16 and
systemd 244.5. https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-resolved.service.html#/etc/resolv.conf
recommends I setup /etc/resolv.conf as a symbolic link to
/var/run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf. Initially it was linked to
/etc/resolv-conf.NetworkManager but I've fixed that by adding a
networkmanager_%.bbappend file with:
ALTERNATIVE_${PN} = ""

But now I find /etc/resolv.conf is a symbolic link to
/etc/resolv-conf.systemd, which is itself a symbolic link to
/run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf. I'm not sure where this is coming
from, possibly after the device boots. Everything seems to work so is
this ok? Or will NetworkManager get confused by this?

Thanks.

--
Tom Isaacson