[Nice] Various questions related to the api

Kai.Vehmanen at nokia.com Kai.Vehmanen at nokia.com
Fri Nov 16 02:46:02 PST 2007

Hi,

On 15 Nov 2007,  Dafydd Harries wrote:
>Hmm, you're saying the agent has some concept of groups of
>candidates? I thought there was only one offer/answer per
>stream in progress at any given time.

yes, but one offer/answer contains a group of candidates. And
there can be multiple subsequent offer/answers which update
the set of candidates. Although it is forbidden to remove
a candidate or reuse its candidate id, it _is_ allowed
to change candidate properties (priority, type), so simply
adding new remote candidates is not a sufficient API... it must
be possible to update info for the already added remote
candidates as well. And that's how I ended up with
set_remote_candidates()
intead of add_remote_candidate().

--
first.surname at nokia.com (Kai Vehmanen)