[Nice] Various questions related to the api

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 03:55:14 PST 2008

Ar 12/02/2008 am 13:35, ysgrifennodd Kai.Vehmanen at nokia.com:
> But, but, even if we can unify the public API, the possible differences
> under the hood (in STUN processing, etc) might anyways warrant for
> a consruct time toggle in case old-jingle support is added to libnice.

I think in the short term, it's feasible to support both GTalk proto-ICE and
ICE proper in Gabble by having Farsight use different transmitters for each.
Being able to do both in libnice is attractive because libjingle 0.3 is not
maintained upstream and is difficult to debug. Even if ICE proper has
significant uptake, there are still devices like the Nokia 770/N800/N810 which
only support proto-ICE.

--
Dafydd