[Nice] Ideas on how to implement support for SIP forking

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 05:29:49 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 12:01 +0200, Kai.Vehmanen at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a few random ideas.
>
> On 24 April 2009,  Olivier Crête wrote:
> >After much though, I think I know how to properly implement support for
> >SIP forking.. But that will entail changing the API quite a bit.
> [...]
> >I propose splitting the Agent object into two parts, a Socket wrapper
> >and the agent.
>
> I was thinking of just extending the Agent interface with a fork() type of method.
> So if you get an anwwer from a another peer to the same offer, you fork the Agent
> object by passing a new set remote candidates (a new method is needed for
> this), and as a result you get another Agent object. After this, the application
> can continue to use both of the Agent objects normally (and independently of
> each other from application point of view).

I guess that approach would also be workable.

> For applications this would be nice (pun intended :)) as the interface
> would remain the same.

Well, the applications should will have to keep track of which agent is
original and which is a duplicate since I guess it would only receive
buffers from the first agent? Or maybe libnice should make the buffers
appear from the right agent depending on the source...

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd