[Nice] IPV6 - Compilation Error

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 12:38:55 PST 2010

Hi,

I don't understand how your socket library couldn't have ipv6 support.. I see
the SOL_IPV6 and IPV6_RECVERR don't exist in windows, but the code that uses
them is linux specific, so you're not on windows.. what kind of system are you
on? What type/version of the socket library you use? I don't think there's any
"modern" system that wouldn't support ipv6, unless you're still on a 1.x kernel
(maybe).
Please provide some more info related to this so I can assess the situation.
Anyways, I don't think we need to have a way to disable ipv6 but I agree that
the configure should check and make sure that the ipv6 parts will compile, but I
don't know how to check for that and I don't really have the time to do that.

Patches are welcome though, so you can figure it out and patch the code and
configure.ac to check for that and make sure it compiles correctly for everyone,
then send me your patch and I'll include it in the next release.

Thanks,
Youness.