[Nice] Compatibility with MS Office Communicator 2007 R2

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 11:35:38 PDT 2010

I see, thanks for all the explanations! I think the real issue is mainly that
the nonce/realm are not cached in the stun agent, and yes, I would understand
modifying stun_agent_t to add the nonce/realm to it. However, since the agent
only creates messages, it cannot know what the destination is.. and the
nonce/realm pair is per-destination IP.. so it wouldn't really work, that's why
it's been left out of stun_agent.

Now I understand better what you're doing with that ms_realm/ms_connection_id..
I didn't really understand that they were the equivalent of the realm/nonce in
standard TURN. Maybe it should have been made into a generic 'realm cache'
rather than a specific 'ms_realm cache'. But that's not important right now, it
can always be improved later if the need arises, and without changing the API.
I'll commit your patch, thanks.

Now I'm just waiting for mlundblad to fix his TURN stuff, then i'll review it
and release the new version of libnice!

Thanks for the contributions! :)

Youness.