[Nice] libnice on system without ifaddrs.h ?

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 15:53:43 PST 2011

On 12/12/2011 06:35 PM, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:
> Hello. configure seems to fail on all tests related with iffaddrs.h,
> according to config.log , just not finding any headers.
>
> still HAVE_GETIFADDRS is set in config.status and config.h :/
> after disabling it manually it does compile :)
>
> i have no idea where configure makes mistake :/

Ok, I see where I made the error, it was checking for ifaddrs.h and net/in.h and
arpa/inet.h and I thought AC_CHECK_HEADERS would only set the HAVE_GETIFADDRS if
all 3 headers were found. It seems only one of them needs to be found for it to
set the define.
I've just tried it by removing the /usr/include/ifaddrs.h file, and testing
configure and you're right, I was now able to test and make sure it works properly.
So here's the patch that should fix it :
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/kakaroto/libnice.git/commit/?id=7429fbc1b979412cabce01afd805ab39675bbf62
Just apply it and run ./autogen.sh then it should fix your problem.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The fix will be available in the next release.

Youness.