[Nice] STUN demux error: no cookie!

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 09:32:57 PST 2011

Hi,

You must call nice_agent_set_remote_candidates after you receive the
candidate-gathering-done.
Calling set_remote_candidates is what initiates the connection, if you call it
before gathering, it won't be able to connect since it doesn't have its own
candidates, if you try during the gathering process, the set_remote_candidates
will return an error, and log that you can't set remote candidates while gathering.
When calling set_remote_candidates, the remote candidates list must be a GList*
of NiceCandidate structure describing each remote candiate. You must exchange
those candidates through some other means (sip/xmpp server or whatever).
See docs for set_remote_candidates :
http://nice.freedesktop.org/libnice/NiceAgent.html#nice-agent-set-remote-candidates
And there's an example on the order of calling functions here :
http://nice.freedesktop.org/libnice/NiceAgent.html#NiceAgent.description

Let me know if you need anything else.

Youness.