[Nice] Starting with libnice

Tiago Sá tiagosa at di.uminho.pt
Wed Nov 23 10:15:49 PST 2011

Hi Youness,

thank you for your suggestions.
You'r right, the STUN/TURN server I was using had a connection limit. I
installed the turnserver.org one in a public addressed machine.
I also changed the way how I was writing the candidates, setting those
pointers to NULL.
ICE seems to be working properly now! :)

I have a question:
According to the example in
http://nice.freedesktop.org/libnice/NiceAgent.html
we should be able to start sending messages after the signal
new-selected-pair is fired. However, I tried it but no success:
void
cb_new_selected_pair (void)
{
  printf ("cb_new_selected_pair\n");
  nice_agent_send(agent, stream_id, NICE_COMPONENT_TYPE_RTP,
strlen("Ola"),"Ola");
}

That first message is never received. However, after "a while" I try to
send again and it works. Do I have to wait for the other agent to be ready
to receive?

Well, this is a checkpoint for me, but I must ask for another suggestion
now.
I need to improve the way how the communication between agents is made
(exchanging candidates/credentials, initiating p2p connections, etc...)
As I read in this thread
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/nice/2010-August/000330.html , you