[Nice] complete example

Youness Alaoui youness.alaoui at collabora.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 16:35:53 PST 2013

Thanks!
I've finished cleaning up the code and integrated it into libnice. I've pushed
the changes here :
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/kakaroto/libnice.git/log/
First of all, I added a nice_agent_get_selected_pair because I think it's much
more efficient and logical to have that than being forced to listen to the
signal and keep track of the foundations.
I think I will also add a way to get the state without storing it from the
state-changed signal handler.
I think it would be a good idea to make the license match the rest of the code
from libnice. If you don't want to, then it's not a big deal.
So.. here's the changelog :
- Better to use '-4 -t A' options to 'host' command because it seems to freeze
for a long time otherwise. Added that to the comment.
- include <agent.h> instead of <nice/agent.h>, since $includedir/nice is added
to CFLAGS with pkg-config --cflags. (and it caused it to take the agent.h from
my installation rather than the local version)
- I used a table for transforming the candidate_type and state into strings,
much easier, although less robust, but since the data comes from libnice, it's
expected to be correct.
- Reordered the functions to be more linear/sequential.. the main function at
the top, then followed by whichever function gets executed next.
- Removed the thread, and used the mainloop directly and make the code work
asynchronously in the callbacks.
- stun address is now optional, and I check validity of the controlling argument.
- I use a g_io_channel for stdin and listen asynchronously to data written on stdin.
- I use nice_agent_get_selected_pair to print the ip/port used, and do it on the
state-changed signal.
- I exit the app in case there's a failure to connect
- I use g_strsplit_set instead of parse_args (which I removed).
- I use g_strsplit instead of sscanf for parsing the candidate
- I loop through the candidate_type_name instead of doing an if/else of each
possibility (when parsing the candidate)
- I prefered using if (!function) rather than 'ok = function(); if (!ok)'.. it's
a personal choice though.
- Other small coding style changes to better match libnice's coding style (or
what it should be), like indentation, \n{ in a function declaration, etc..

If you could review the code I wrote and let me know if there's anything you
think needs fixing, let me know.

Thanks!
Youness.