[Nice] Trickle ICE

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Apr 22 09:07:21 PDT 2014

Hi

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 17:43 +0200, Lorenzo Miniero wrote:

> Do you have any suggestion on how this could be achieved? Are there
> plans to include support for actual Trickle in the library in the
> future, by the way?

Trickle is already supported as it has been how XMPP Jingle has been
using ICE since the beginning. The secret recipe is to ignore state
changes to the "FAILED" state and just keep on adding remote candidates.
Adding candidates to a "FAILED" component will just make the ICE
processing continue with these new candidates. Once you know for sure
that the candidates have all been received, then FAILED is final.

Also, in the upcoming 0.1.6 release, I've added the ability to add TURN
servers after the initial gathering phase to be able to support the
Google-like system where they only connect to the TURN servers have a
little delay to reduce load on the TURN servers if a direct  connection
can quickly be established.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com