[libnice] Pseudotcp performance (with focus on Windows)

Radosław Kołodziejczyk radek.kolodziejczyk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 04:44:10 PDT 2014

Hello,

We've compiled libnice and are using it with GLIB 2.34 on Windows to
transfer data using the reliable agent. What we found is that it can have a
really poor performance on some hosts. We've put together a simple test
program to send gibberish from client to server and even while running it
via LAN the transfer rate on some systems is down to 0,5 MB/s. We can
observe 'hiccups' on the receiving side, where the data callback is not
being called for periods of 100-400 ms sometimes. I see a lot of
retransmits going on on the sending side.

Does anyone have any experience with the reliable agent, especially on
Windows, and may provide some insight what can be tweaked or what can cause
such issues?

Kind regards,
Radosław Kołodziejczyk.