[Nice] Received unexpected message both before and after component state ready

Jianbin Kang kjbmail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 07:40:26 PDT 2014

Hello, All

I used nice examples/simple-example.c to test ice, but found that
'cb_nice_recv' was called both before and after NICE_COMPONENT_STATE_READY.
I changed the function 'cb_nice_recv' to print the length of received data,
like this:

  printf("****Recv(%u): %.*s", len, len, buf);

And during candidate allocating, cb_nice_recv was called with 32 bytes of
data:
cb_nice_recv(32):
     01 01 00 0c 7c f4 b8 25 a2 68 67 2a 87 fe 06 8f 59 3c 2f 2b 00 01 00
08 00 01 40 04 3c 08 75 49

After state ready, cb_nice_recv was called with the another 32 bytes. The
first four bytes was same (01 01 00 0c)

The stun server I used was: stun.l.google.com:19302
stunserver.org has the same problem too, but the length of data was 88
bytes.

Is this a bug or just something I misunderstand?

Thanks
Jianbin