[libnice] ICE re-start issue with libNice

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Fri May 9 20:18:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Sat, 2014-05-10 at 03:00 +0000, Rajarshi Chaudhuri wrote:
> The version of libNice we are using (on Windows) is 0.1.3.  Do you
> have any idea what is happening?  For instance, is it possible that
> the nice agent goes into a bad/failed state due to the binding errors
> received from Chrome (only for a short time, and definitely less than
> 1 second)?  Is there anything that we could do something to avoid this
> issue?

You may want to try with libnice 0.1.7, we fixed some ICE restart
related issues. We also added a nice_agent_restart_stream() API to
restart a single stream.

I would guess the issue you are facing is that a restart implies a
change in credentials, but that may not be correctly propagated. But
it's also possible you are hitting a bug in libnice, I don't know any of
the core devs has tested ICE restart against another implementation in a
long time if ever.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com