[libnice] Audio/Video streaming through libnice

Olivier CrĂȘte olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Nov 11 07:38:18 PST 2014

Hi,

On 11/11/2014 10:26 AM, jags gediya wrote:
> I want to stream audio/video between two peers in the different network.
> By searching on internet, I have found libnice suitable for my requirement.
> I have some doubt regarding libnice.
>
> 1. Can STUN/TURN/ICE traverse the Double NAT?

Yes. Possibly needing to use a relay, it depends on the exact behavior
of each NAT device and their combination.  But in the presence of a
relay, we expect very high success rate, much over 99%.

> 2. For my need, I may need to use gstreamer as provided in the below link.
>     http://nice.freedesktop.org/wiki/GStreamer/
> but i am not understanding those steps, and how to use them in the application.
> Has anyone implemented the same, can share the snippet of their code?
> Is there any sample code available for audio/video streaming as per
> steps described in above link?

libnice includes GStreamer elements. You may also be interested in
Farstream, which is a set of GStreamer elements that can be used to
implement video-calling type scenarios. Farstream includes a libnice
based "transmitter" plugin.

--
Olivier CrĂȘte
olivier.crete at collabora.com