[libnice] Small patch to avoid symbol clash with openSSL

Philip Withnall philip at tecnocode.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 11:09:53 PDT 2014

It really depends entirely on how you’re building libnice. What linker
flags are you passing in via cmake?

Rather than reinventing the libnice build system, a better approach is
to build libnice using its own build system for all the platforms you’re
interested in (potentially producing a static library), then link to
that from the build system of whatever final project you’re using.

I did this recently using Cerbero[1] to build a project for multiple
desktop and mobile platforms. The project used libnice, and used its
existing automake build system without linker problems.

Philip

[1]: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/