[libnice] 404 on Releases Page

mmcco at mykolab.com mmcco at mykolab.com
Fri Jun 5 11:06:58 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 01:17:32PM +0100, Philip Withnall wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-06-04 at 13:38 -0400, mmcco at mykolab.com wrote:
> > I've consistently been getting 404 Not Found on the releases page for
> > the past few weeks:
> >
> >     https://wiki.freedesktop.org/nice/releases/
> >
> > It's linked from the project's home page and it's used to watch for new
> > releases by the Debian packaging system (and probably others), so it'd
> > be nice to have it available if possible. Let me know if there's
> > anything I can do to help make that happen.
>
> I can’t find a link to there on the project home page; I can only find a
> link to
>
> http://nice.freedesktop.org/releases/
>
> which works for me, and gives the released file listing. What’s the URI
> of the page where you can see the link to wiki.freedesktop.org?
>
> Philip

I thought I had tested this before posting, but it turns out that HTTPS
Everywhere is causing my problems. /releases/ isn't available through
HTTPS. Also, http://nice.freedesktop.org/releases/ is redirected to the
non-existent https://nice.freedesktop.org/nice/releases/ when using
HTTPS Everywhere, which is why I mentioned the latter.

Is this just an Apache config problem or (as is the the case for many
projects) does freedesktop.org not want to pay for the additional server
load of HTTPS when users should just be checking signatures? Again, not
a big deal, but probably worth resolving.

Thanks,
Michael