[libnice] Ignore host candidates for testing

Felix Schlitter felixschlitter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:44:20 PDT 2015

> Why do you think it’s a bad approach?

It just seemed like a pretty crude way of doing things, because I am just
messing with the sdp string.
Also, the candidate numbers are no longer sequential (not sure if that
matters).
Lastly, and most importantly - it does not work. Should it?

> I actually implement this using iptables rules which block UDP traffic on
localhost.

Good idea, however it would still be great to somehow do this in-app to
write integration tests a bit
easier. Messing with the environment to run tests does not  really resonate
with me - Further, we
are targeting Windows specifically.

> Good idea. GitHub project added

Awesome! Star added, fork created. I will have some pull requests coming
your way soon to fix
compilation on windows.

> Note that while pull requests on GitHub are fine, I don’t think we want
> to use GitHub’s issue tracking, or we’ll end up with bug reports there
> and on Bugzilla, and everything will get very confusing.

This is up to you, but the issue list is essentially the mailing list AND
the bug tracker in one. It is
a place for both feature suggestions and bug tracking (although can be used
with external, more
formal bug tracker - since github is pretty loose). I would highly suggest
making the move, there
are not too many bugs reported and the transition would be easy. Here is
what you get out of it:

* Markdown - code blocks / fenced code blocks / highlighting - yes please
* Links to commits via shas
* Links to authors, using @mentions
* Links to other issues and pull requests using #123
* Close issues and pull requests using commit messages: "Closes #123"
* Potentially a lot more reports (*)
* ...

(*) I clicked the "bugzilla" link on the `nice.freedesktop.org/wiki`
<http://nice.freedesktop.org/wiki> and it takes me to a sign up page.
>From there I am puzzled as to where to click to see the list of already
reported bugs.
Ah I click the unseeming "reports" link, hm that takes me to another page
without a listing, maybe I
click "search" on this page, nope, maybe I click "tabular chargs", nope...
sigh. Back to the top row,
maybe I click "browse"? That gets me the issues of all projects. How useful
is that?...

...Sorry Philip you received this mail twice, I realized I forgot to add
the mailing list address in the
recipients...