[libnice] a question on STUN Timer
chentom60 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:37:45 PST 2015
In stun\usages\timer.h, there are some flags related to STUN retransmission timer.
* The default intial timeout to use for the timer
#define STUN_TIMER_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT 600
* The default maximum retransmissions allowed before a timer decides to timeout
#define STUN_TIMER_DEFAULT_MAX_RETRANSMISSIONS 3
* Starts a STUN transaction retransmission timer.
* This should be called as soon as you send the message for the first time on
* a UDP socket.
* The timeout before the next retransmission is set to @initial_timeout, then
* each time a packet is retransmited, that timeout will be doubled, until the
* @max_retransmissions retransmissions limit is reached.
* total_timeout = initial_timeout * (2^(max_retransmissions + 1) - 1);
Reducing STUN_TIMER_DEFAULT_MAX_RETRANSMISSIONS can significantly reduce the time used in local candidate gathering.
I am wondering why the equation in timer.h which is used to calculate the total time needed for local candidate gathering does not consider the number of local & remote network interfaces?
total_timeout = initial_timeout * (2^(max_retransmissions + 1) - 1);
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nice