[libnice] Question regarding nice_agent_parse_remote_sdp

alberto alberto at ikatu.com
Fri Oct 9 13:39:19 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am building a set of applications that should support communication
using libnice (version 0.1.13).
The problem arises on the application running on an embedded platform
(windriver), where the following situation arises:

- The client (ios app) creates an agent, generates the signal
information as an SDP and sends it to the embedded application.
- The embedded application receives the information, creates an agent
and starts gathering candidates.
- When the "candidate gathering done" signal is received, an SDP is
generated and sent back to the ios app. After that, the SDP is parsed
used nice_agent_parse_remote_sdp (the stream names are set on both sides).

The thing is that when the nice_agent_parse_remote_sdp function is
called, the state of the agent immediately is set as
NICE_COMPONENT_STATE_FAILED, and the function returns the number of
candidates that were parsed (it correctly creates them all).

Things to notice:
- The code works perfectly well if the communication is perfomed between
the ios app and a laptop running ubuntu.
- Sometimes the connection is fully established if I ignore that state
update, but this is not always the case.

Am I doing something wrong here?, should I parse the remote sdp in some
other point?

Thanks,
Alberto.