[libnice] glitch with example code

James jtp at biomantica.com
Thu Oct 20 19:38:02 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

In testing with the example code included with libnice 0.1.13, I ran into a very simple glitch.  One side is generating SDP text that's too long to paste into the other end.  When I paste in the text, it's getting truncated at 1024 characters.

I have one end connecting from a VirtualBox virtual machine running Debian 8.3 with VirtualBox providing NAT to share the host machine's connection.  The other side is just the host machine which is Mac OS X 10.6.8.  The ISP is Optimum Online by way of an Apple Airport.  Everything works perfectly with the simple-example code.  The sdp-example works when I have both ends on the host machine.  However, when I try the sdp-example in the virtual machine, the SDP text is too long and it gets truncated at 1024 characters when I paste it into the host machine side.  I presume the reason  for the longer text in the virtual machine is because it it behind two layers of NAT (Airport and then VirtualBox.)  I looked through the code and I don't see any obvious place where a 1024 byte limit is being set.  Maybe someone who is more familiar with the code can find it or maybe it's being set outside the example code.

James