[libnice] libnice release philosophy

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Fri Sep 2 18:13:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

There is no great philosophy, it's mostly based on available time and
accumulated patches. There are not many contributors who understand the
whole code bases and the different use-cases, in particular because we
support many different variants which makes it quite tricky as fixing
one may break another.

There is no official recommendation as to which version to use, it's
really a "what is best for you".

On Fri, 2016-09-02 at 09:54 -0700, Chad Phillips wrote:
> > > The purpose of my message is not to ask ‘when is the next release’,
but instead to understand the philosophy of the libnice team in
regards to providing official releases.
> > It’s been 16 months and 150 commits since 0.1.13, the last official
release.

> > Are future releases planned? If so, what are the conditions under
which the team would cut a release?

> > > As it currently stands, what is the official recommendation for
running libnice in production, 0.1.13, latest git master, or
something else?

Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com