[libnice] Issues with candidate selection through wrong network interface

Olivier CrĂȘte olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Aug 29 14:50:06 UTC 2017

Hi,
We've seen the same thing with the libvirtd interface from KVM. And I
spend some time looking into this and I know Fabrice also did and we
couldn't find a great solution, so in commit b4abda09 he just added an
option to ignore one specific prefix. But maybe we should extend that
to a blacklist of prefixes (so we can ignore docker*, virbr*, br*. We
currently explicitly ignore localhost in the code, maybe we should
ignore more. I'm just worried that in some cases those may be
legitimate interfaces and may actually be the right choice. For example
if the peer is running inside docker!
Olivier

Olivier CrĂȘte
olivier.crete at collabora.com