[libnice] how to detect and handle closed connections

Matt Pekar mpekar at raineyelectronics.com
Mon Mar 20 17:32:58 UTC 2017

I'm using libnice elements on one end of a Webrtc session and Chrome on the
other.  I'm doing what I can in Chrome to handle page closes and gracefully
end NICE sessions in the signaling layer, but I'd like to make sure if the
signaling layer fails I can have libnice cleanup.

In the API the closest thing I can see is nice_agent_get_component_state(),
but it seems to continue to return "ready" as the state even after Chrome
closes.

Is there a means in libnice to detect ICE peers closing?