[libnice] Sharing/Reusing UDP ports for ICE candidates?

Gary Bartlett Developer at garybartlett.com
Fri Feb 28 18:43:08 UTC 2020

I'm wondering whether libnice supports the notion of sharing/reusing UDP
ports for its ICE candidates, so that only a single (or small set of) UDP
ports can be opened up for it in a firewall?

It sounds like if I reduce the range of available UDP ports by
calling nice_agent_set_port_range, then this will limit the number of
active sessions, but if the ports were reusable (e.g. using SO_REUSEADDR or
SO_REUSEPORT), do you think libnice could handle multiple concurrent
connectivity checks and WebRTC sessions on this single (or reduced set of)
local port(s)?

Thanks,
Gary