[libnice] How to get socket in relay mode?

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Thu Jul 16 18:47:27 UTC 2020

Hi,
There is currently no API to do that,
That said, I'm not sure how useful this is for TURN as you don't have
the PMTU on the other side of the TURN server?
I think this is the kind of feature that would in theory be added
inside of libnice, but only if we can do it in a "safe" way. For
example, by running the PMTU test using keepalive STUN indications.
Olivier
On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 15:48 +0300, Alex Netes wrote:
> I'm trying to implement PMTU Discovery over libnice.
> In order to do so, I want to retrieve the selected socket,
> change IP_MTU_DISCOVER socket_opt, run the PMTU test
> and return IP_MTU_DISCOVER socket_opt to default.
>
> My problem is that nice_agent_get_selected_socket() doesn't work for
> relay mode.
> Any thoughts, how else can I retrieve the socket in case of relay
> mode?

Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com