[libnice] RELEASE: libnice 0.1.18

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Wed Oct 21 01:17:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm very pleased to announce libnice 0.1.18

I'd like to highlight the contributions of Nirbheek Chauhan who has
made libnice work in the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Microsoft's
latest iteration of the Windows API.

Key changes are:
Remove the autotools build system, now only meson is available
On Windows, use crypto library instead of CryptGenRandom() which is
deprecated
On Windows, use GetBestInterfaceEx() for UWP compatibility
On Windows, fix the listing of interfaces to use the correct APIs
On Windows, implement ignoring interfaces
Accept receiving messages in multiple steps over TCP
Accept duplicated ports as last option instead of spinning forever
Use sendmmsg if possible to send multiple packets in one call
Fail gathering if no port is available
Hide the implementation of NiceCandidate, this hides some parts that
were previously visible
Enable TURN server connects where both TCP and UDP use the same port
number
Don't count rejected STUN messages as keepalive packets

tarball:
https://libnice.freedesktop.org/releases/libnice-0.1.18.tar.gz

signature:
https://libnice.freedesktop.org/releases/libnice-0.1.18.tar.gz.asc