[libnice] RELEASE: libnice 0.1.20

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Fri Jan 6 20:04:40 UTC 2023

Hello,

I'm very pleased to announce libnice 0.1.20

The main new feature of this release is that libnice finally does DNS
resolution for STUN and TURN servers, this should make life easier for
users, in particular for GStreamer. And we finally really bind to the
local interfaces, so it should work as expected even if two interfaces
have the same addresses.

Key changes are:

Remove support for GStreamer 0.10 builds
Add macro to check LIBNICE version
Added utility function to get the STUN server from a candidate
Support additional header in built-in HTT proxy client
Add boxed type for NiceAddress for bindings
Add API to get the interface index for a local address
Explicitly bind to a specific interface when creating UDP sockets
Limit the number of stored incoming checks based on a property
Do asynchronous DNS resolution for STUN and TURN servers
Add introspection friendly API to get an allocated string from a
candidate
A number of bug fixes

tarball:
https://libnice.freedesktop.org/releases/libnice-0.1.20.tar.gz