[Nouveau] suggestions for createdump.sh improvements

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 00:30:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

recently I've tried the script createdump.sh and I have some suggestions:

* it would be nice if the script is able to detect missing prerequisites and
to suggest to install appropriate packages (as with cvs), namely
- SDL-devel
- libXvMC-devel
(the names will differ from distro to distro, but it can make a good starting
point; other ones come as dependencies, at least in my case)

* it would be nice if the script is able to detect
missing /usr/lib[64]/libXvMCNVIDIA.so and to suggest correction; see
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FAQ#head-e93d5298a66baa16293c8bc0be05c9f08b0140e8
(note: on my system, the library is /usr/lib64/nvidia/libXvMCNVIDIA.so - no
version in the name, but located within superfluous subdirectory)

* using non-english locale, dialog displays localised strings for "Yes"
and "No" so relying on the exact button labels within the text of messages
looks at least very funny ...

Regards,
K.V.